- First, create a new spreadsheet in Google Drive.
A spreadsheet is necessary to store the sharing settings that you used to have in Floreysoft, in order to copy them later in Shared Contacts for Gmail®.
- Log into your Floreysoft shared group’s manager
You can access it on the URL www.sharedgroups.com
- Open the first group you want to migrate, select and copy all the collaborators inside the group you want to migrate
Make sure to copy all the information from the top to the bottom of the group, including the group name, then do a Ctrl-C or a right-click > copy.
- Paste the selection into the spreadsheet.
Paste by the menu Edit > Paste, or simply with a Crtl-V.
- If ‘Add to My Contacts’ is selected, follow Step 6.
The setting ‘Add to My Contacts’ is important to remember when migrating to Shared Contacts.
- If ‘Add to My Contacts’ was selected, add an ‘x’ under ‘Add to My Contacts’.
This ‘x’ serves as a reminder that the setting must be enabled
- Delete the columns that are not necessary.
Make sure to keep the columns that show the users and their permissions
- Revoke access to all the collaborators in the shared group. This will remove the contacts in the label from their Google accounts.
Repeat these 8 steps with all the shared labels that you have
- Sign in to your Shared Contacts for Gmail® dashboard.
You will find your group(s) with the contacts that were part of that group
- Go to your spreadsheet. Add a column next to the list of collaborators and add a comma in every row except the last row
Don’t put anything in the last row.
- Copy collaborator lists with the comas.
Make sure you only select and copy Columns C & D (row 3-7)
- Click the ‘share’ icon next to the label you want to share
This will open a window where you can enter the collaborator list.
- Paste the contacts you copied from the spreadsheet. Then, remove all the spaces between the commas and the contacts. Afterward, click enter.
By removing the spaces the app will identify the separate email addresses.
- Click on ‘Share’.
Your page will reload to your Shared Contacts for Gmail® dashboard.
- Return to the spreadsheet to collect the permissions.
You will need to set these permissions again manually.
- Match the access permissions of the collaborators previously set in Floreysoft. Open the dropdown menu below “Permission”.
Set the appropriate permission:
– Read Only = View Only in Floreysoft
– Can Edit = Edit Only in Floreysoft
– Can Delete = Edit and Delete in Floreysoft
* Can Reshare = Does not exist in Floreysoft. Will allows the user to reshare the same label with other users.
- Now all your collaborators can access your shared label(s) from their Google account or directly from their Shared Contacts for Gmail® dashboard.
Unlike Flloreysoft’s Shared Groups, Shared Contacts for Gmail® allows you to create/update your contacts directly from the dashboard so that you won’t have to wait for the synchronization from Google Contacts for the updates to be pushed to your users.