After you shared a contact list with your team members, the contacts get automatically synchronized with their Google contacts. But sometimes, things don’t go as expected. You may have some colleagues complaining about having missing contacts or worse, not seeing the shared in their Google Contacts at all. Don’t worry, contact sync issues are easily solved.
In this tutorial, we will explore the different user statuses and how to fix those contact sync issues.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
First, you need to check in your Shared Contacts dashboard the sharing settings of the label that is not sharing correctly.
Click on the “Sign in with Google” button on the top.
By clicking on the share icon, you gain access to see the status of the collaborator you shared the label.
Under the ‘Status’ section of the sharing settings, all collaborators will have a status to show is the share was successful or what is hindering the sharing process. This would check if there are contact sync issues or a completely different problem at all.
|Error||Explanation||What to do?|
|Invitation sent||This collaborator has been invited to see the shared list but hasn’t accepted the invitation yet.|
1. Click on the “Resend Invite” button.
2. If your collaborator still hasn’t received the invitation, ask them to check in their spam folder and email with the subject line containing “has shared contacts with you”. If found, ask them to click the “Not Spam” button and accept the invitation.
3. If the invitation is not sent yet, copy the invitation link and send it in an email or a chat message to your collaborator.
4. When you are the one opening the invitation, make sure you do it from an incognito window. Sign in with the invited user account.
It appears that this user was suspended in the Google Workspace admin console by your administrator.
1. If you are the administrator of the Google Workspace domain, sign in to your Google Workspace admin console. Ensure that this user is not suspended.
2. If you are not the administrator of the domain, ask the administrator to suspend the user.
3. In the case that the user is not suspended in Google Admin, contact our support and we will fix the problem from the backend.
|Not enough licenses||The contact list could not be shared with this user because there are not enough licenses.|
1. Ensure that you don’t have licenses that are used by old or deleted users. If it is the case, liberate these licenses.
2. If you still don’t have enough licenses, then purchase additional licenses.
3. Click the “Force Sync” button.
4. However, if you still see this message whilst having available licenses, then contact our support. We will fix the problem from the backend.
|Partially shared (for groups)||Some users belonging to this group, may not see the shared contacts. Please click on “Group members” to check their statuses.|
1. Click on “Group Members” to see check the status of the users in that group.
2. If users show a status listed here, try to solve it using our recommendations.
3. If the user is an old or deleted user, sign in in your Google Workspace admin console and remove it from the group.
4. Click the “Force Sync” button.
5. However, if the problem persists, then contact our support and we will fix the problem from the backend.
Access to Shared Contacts for Gmail has been revoked for this collaborator due to the following reasons:
The user directly revoked access to their Google Contacts. To solve this problem, please resend an invitation so the user can provide access [Resend invite button]
The user belongs to a domain organization that doesn’t have access to Shared Contacts for Gmail. To solve this problem, please contact your domain administrator and ask them to provide access.
|1. Ask the user to sign in on the “Shared Contacts” dashboard and authorize access. |
2. Sign in to the Google Workspace admin console. Ensure that the app is installed for an organization containing this user. Also, check if Shared Contacts access is properly granted for the domain.
3. Sign in to the Google Marketplace and click on “Admin Install”, then authorize the application.
|User is deleted||The collaborator’s account has been deleted. Please unshare all labels with this user to free up their license|
1. Log to the user’s management dashboard, then free up the license of this user.
2. Yet, if the problem persists, please contact our support. We will fix the problem from the backend.
|User banned||The account of this collaborator appears to be banned by Google. It usually happens when spamming behavior is detected with this user account. Consequently, we recommend contacting Google Support.|
1. Click on the “Force Sync” button
2. Check in your Google Workspace Admin Console if the user is banned
3. If the user is banned in the console, contact Google Support
4. However, if the user is not banned in Google, contact our support and we will fix the problem from the backend.
|Upgrade (generic for website)||The Shared Contacts version you are using doesn’t allow the type of share you are trying to perform.|
1. Upgrade to a higher edition of “Shared Contacts.”
2. Remove access to this collaborator/group from the contact label.
3. However, if the problem persists, please contact our support. We will fix the problem from the backend.
The product version you are using doesn’t allow the following types of share:
– External users sharing on BASIC or PRO version.
– User sharing of groups on BASIC version.
– More than 10 groups sharing on BASIC version
– More than 250 contacts per group sharing on BASIC version.
– Directory label sharing on Lite or Business version.
– Domain sharing when in LITE Edition.
|Please upgrade your version to enjoy unlimited sharing!|
|Unknown Collaborator||This email address seems incorrect. Please check the spelling and make sure this user or group still exists.|
1. Verify the spelling of the email address.
2. Click on the “Force Sync” button.
3. If you installed Shared Contacts for a sub-organization only, please ensure that this user belongs to the sub-organization in Google Workspace admin.
4. However, should the problem persists, contact us to fix the problem in the backend.
|Over Quota||This user has reached their Google Contacts storage quota.|
1. Invite the user to optimize their number of Google Contacts.
2. Click on the “force Sync” button.
3. However, if the problem persists, then contact our support. We will fix the problem from the backend.
|Sharing||The sharing with this user is in progress|
1. Click on the refresh button of your browser.
2. After that, click the “Force Sync” button and wait 15 minutes.
3. Ensure your permission is not “View Only.” Afterward, click the “Force Sync” button.
4. However, if the problem persists, contact our support. We will fix the problem from the backend.
There you have it! Solving contact sync issues is not as technical as it sounds. You may contact us if you still have any questions.