Zoho is one of the best CRMs on the market as it integrates with nearly all online services. It is a very efficient tool to share customer information between co-workers. Unfortunately, it can come at quite a cost after you have reached beyond the terms for the free version. Their CRM seat costs $14 for their Standard package and up to $52 for their Ultimate package.
There’s a cost-effective solution for this. Google and Shared Contacts for Gmail® allow all the members of your organization to access your Zoho CRM contacts at a small fraction of the CRM seat price. This is with proper permission assignment, of course. These apps can even allow your team members to add new or update contacts, without paying any license to Zoho!
Guide on How to Share Zoho Contacts With Non-CRM User Teammates
Time needed: 3 minutes.
- First, you must ensure that you can share your HubSpot contacts with your colleagues. You will need to create a label (group folder).
- To create a label simply log into your Shared Contacts for Gmail® account and click on the ‘+’ logo.
- Name the label ‘Zoho CRM’ to clearly identify where your contacts will be pushed to.
- Add the collaborators who should need access to these contacts as well as set their access permissions.
We suggest setting the access permission to ‘Can edit’, as this will allow users to update the contacts or create new ones, and to have the changes reflected directly in the CRM.
- You have set up your Zoho label on your Shared Contacts for Gmail® account. Now, you have to set up the synch in HubSpot. You begin by logging into your HubSpot account.
- Click on the ‘settings’ icon. Then, click on Google under ‘Marketplace’.
- Click ‘Authenticate Google Contacts’. Follow all access prompts that appear thereafter.
- On the Contacts Synchronization page, do the following: Choose the ‘Google Contact‘ label that you created (Zoho CRM), and under ‘Zoho CRM Contacts‘ click the drop-down arrow and choose which CRM contacts view you would like to sync to your Google Contact label.
The contacts from the selected view will be synchronized.
- For Sync Options, select ‘Two-Way Sync’.
Select the Two-Way Sync. This will be required if you want some non-licensed users to update the contacts (the ones with ‘Can Edit” permission in Shared Contacts®)
- Map the fields in Google and Zoho CRM > Click Save.
Customizing your field mapping will help to determine what data from the CRM you want to pull into a particular field in Google Contacts and Shared Contacts®. Click the Map More Fields link, to add more field and map them.
- To see if the synchronization was successful in your Shared Contacts® account, simply log in and click on the label ‘Zoho CRM’. As you can see the ‘Zoho CRM’ label is filled with the CRM contacts for you and your collaborators.
- You can also check (the following day) if the sync works the other way by updating a contact in Shared Contacts® and checking the update in your CRM.
Note that the synchronization happens every 1 hour.
It’s as simple as that! Now you can share your Zoho CRM contacts with your whole organization without having to buy more licenses within Zoho! All thanks to Shared Contacts for Gmail®.