Finding an agreeable date and time for a meeting between a few people can be tricky. Arranging meetings with large groups of people, even in Doodle, is a nightmare.
Thanks to Google Contacts and Shared Contacts for Gmail®, you can now access all the Google contacts shared within your organization directly from your Doodle interface. This makes scheduling meetings with numerous users an absolute breeze.
For instance, let’s say you need to organize a meeting with the American affiliates and your company’s African distributors. Michael, your colleague, maintains these contact lists.. You will now be able to find them all in Doodle from the labels “America” and “Africa” that Michael shared with you.
Steps to Sync Google Contacts to Doodle
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Follow this simple guide below.
- Ensure the shared contacts with the Doodle users. The data admin can log into the Shared Contacts for Gmail® dashboard to check this.
- Verify your contact lists for all the needed shared contacts. Find the not-shared contact list (label). Click the ‘share’ icon to choose the collaborators.
The ‘share’ icon is shown on the right-hand side of your labels.
- Add your desired collaborators. You can add a single, several contacts, or a whole domain group. You type their name at the search bar to do so. Afterward, set the access permissions.
To set permission access, click the downwards arrow near “View only“. It will show a drop-down menu of the permission options available.
- Now, you can see the new collaborators.
- You have now synced your Shared Contacts with Google Contacts. However, that is just the first part. Now, it will be a breeze to sync your Google Contacts to Doodle. Log into Doodle to begin.
- Access your Doodle dashboard. Afterward, click on ‘Add Contacts‘ at the bottom of your page.
- You will be taken to your Account Setting page where you will click on ‘Connect’ for Google.
Accept all Google access allowance pop-ups to sync your accounts.
- Go back to your dashboard and choose your desired meeting set up by clicking ‘Create meeting’.
- When inviting participants into your meeting, your Google contacts will now appear!
- As you can see both participants have successfully been added to the meeting!
It’s possible that you still can’t access the shared contact labels from Doodle. In this case, make sure you enabled the “Mobile & Outlook” toggle.
We highly recommend making sure the Mobile and Outlook toggle is always selected. Activating the toggle ensures your shared contacts are synced to your general Google Contacts. This makes your shared labels visible. As a result, it makes integrations with Doodle and other various apps hassle-free.
It’s as simple as that! Now you can schedule all your meetings with your shared Google contacts in one click thanks to Shared Contacts for Gmail®.