In Smartsheet staying up-to-date, tracking progress and managing content for a large team can be a difficult task..
Thanks to Google Contacts and Shared Contacts for Gmail®, you can now access all the Google contacts shared within your organisation directly from your Smartsheet’s interface making the process of sharing and managing your sheets with your team members as easy as pie.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Thanks to this quick step-by-step guide, all your company’s contacts can be found in your Smartsheet dashboard in these few simple steps!
- First, the person who manages the contacts in your organization, must make sure that the contacts are shared with the SmartSheet users ,by logging into the Share Contacts for Gmail® dashboard.
- If the contact lists are not shared yet, simply click on the contact list (label) you want to share and click on the ‘share’ icon to choose the collaborators.
The shared icon is shown on the right hand side of your labels.
- Type your desired collaborators, being contacts or domain groups, in the search bar, and set the access permissions for the collaborators.
To set permission access, click the downwards arrow by “View only” to pull all permission options available.
- Here you can see the new collaborators being displayed.
- Now that your shared contacts are synced to your Google Contacts, it will be a breeze to sync your Google Contacts to Smartsheet. Lets begin by logging into Smartsheet.
- Once logged into your account, go into your settings by clicking your Profile icon > ‘Invite Your Team’.
- In this step, click on the Gmail selection and follow any prompts that may follow.
- Voila! When typing an address, the users will now appear!
If after connecting your Google contacts with Smartsheet, and you still can’t access the contacts of the shared label, make sure you enabled the “Mobile & Outlook” toggle.
We highly recommend making sure the Mobile and Outlook toggle is always selected. Activating the toggle ensures your shared contacts are synced to your general Google Contacts and not only visible in your shared labels, making integrations with Zoom and other various apps hassle free.
There you have it, you can now easily share all your sheets with everyone in your team thanks to Shared Contacts for Gmail®.