It can be quite overwhelming handling the contact details of both in-bound and out-bound calls. Google Contacts and Shared Contacts for Gmail® can help with that problem. You can now access all the Google contacts shared in your organization directly from your RingCentral interface.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Follow the simple steps below:
- Ensure the shared contacts with the RingCentral users. The data admin can log into the Shared Contacts for Gmail® dashboard to check this.
- Verify your contact lists for all the needed shared contacts. Find the not-shared contact list (label). Click the ‘share’ icon to choose the collaborators.
The ‘share’ icon is shown on the right-hand side of your labels.
- Add your desired collaborators. You can add single, several contacts, or a whole domain group. You type their name at the search bar to do so. Afterward, set the access permissions.
To set permission access, click the downwards arrow by “View only” to pull all permission options available.
- Now, you can see the new collaborators.
- You have now synced your Shared Contacts with Google Contacts. However, that is just the first part. Now, it will be a breeze to sync your Google Contacts to RingCentral. Log into RingCentral to begin.
- Click Settings > Contacts.
- Toggle the switch ON for View Google contacts.
You will be asked to log in to your Google account.
- Log in to your Google account to Authorise access for the RingCentral Phone.
- Click Allow to confirm RingCentral Phone’s access to your Google contacts.
- You will then see your Google account is logged in to your RingCentral Phone.
Well done! You may now enjoy your shared contacts.