In Monday.com it can be quite daunting finding the email addresses of the individuals you need to invite or collaborate with on certain projects.
Thanks to Google Contacts and Shared Contacts for Gmail®, you can now invite all the Google contacts shared in your organisation directly from your Monday.com interface making the process of collaborating with your team members a breeze!
Time needed: 4 minutes.
Thanks to this quick step-by-step guide, all your company’s contacts can be found in your Monday.com dashboard:
- First, the person who manages the contacts in your organization, must make sure that the contacts are shared with the Monday.com users ,by logging into the Share Contacts for Gmail® dashboard.
- If the contact lists are not shared yet, simply click on the contact list (label) you want to share and click on the ‘share’ icon to choose the collaborators.
The shared icon is shown on the right hand side of your labels.
- Type your desired collaborators, being contacts or domain groups, in the search bar, and set the access permissions for the collaborators.
To set permission access, click the downwards arrow by “View only” to pull all permission options available.
- Here you can see the new collaborators being displayed.
- Now that your shared contacts are synced to your Google Contacts, it will be a breeze to sync your Google Contacts to Monday. Lets begin by logging into your Monday account.
- Once logged into your Monday profile, simply click the contact icon on the left hand side bar.
- To import your Google contacts, when prompted with this invitation, click on the Gmail icon at the bottom of the notification.
- Accept all access notifications – be sure to select ‘See and download your contacts’.
- All your contacts in your Google Contacts book will appear, select either all, or the contacts you would like.
Due to this method of inviting contacts, and there not being an integration with Google Contacts, when you add new users to your Google contact list, you will need to invite them by selecting them here as they will not appear automatically.
- As you can see all the members you have invited will appear under ‘Users’ and their status is dependant on the user accepting the invitation.
- Lets test your newly synced contacts out! When creating a new deal, it is now possible to automatically add team members or client details!
If after connecting your Google contacts with Monday.com, and you still can’t access the contacts of the shared label, make sure you enabled the “Mobile & Outlook” toggle.
We highly recommend making sure the Mobile and Outlook toggle is always selected. Activating the toggle ensures your shared contacts are synced to your general Google Contacts and not only visible in your shared labels, making integrations with Zoom and other various apps hassle free.
As easy as pie! Now you can enjoy the use of your shared Google contacts right from Monday.com, thanks to Shared Contacts for Gmail®.